Points of Pride
1. Florida Atlantic University is serving a record-high student body of 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in Southeast Florida. Ten distinguished colleges offer more than 180 degree programs in fields that span the arts and humanities, the sciences, medicine, nursing, accounting, business, education, public administration, social work, architecture, engineering, computer science and more. Academically accomplished students take advantage of honors programs on the Boca Raton campus and the complete, four-year honors curriculum offered by the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College on the Jupiter campus.
2. With 49 percent of its student body classified as minority or international students, Florida Atlantic University ranks as the most racially, ethnically and culturally diverse institution in Florida’s State University System.
3. Florida Atlantic University is developing academic programming and research initiatives that align with its three signature strategic themes – Marine and Coastal Issues, Biotechnology, and Contemporary Societal Challenges.
4. Florida Atlantic University alumni include U.S. and foreign dignitaries, Emmy Award and Pulitzer Prize winners, an astronaut and executives who have served in organizations such as Google, Franklin Templeton, Boeing, eBay, Motorola and the White House.
5. Florida Atlantic University is taking its place among the world’s great research centers and has been given the designation of “High Research Activity” university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
6. Florida Atlantic University is home to the Southeast National Marine Renewable Energy Center, a federally funded research facility that is developing technology to generate energy by harnessing the power of Florida’s ocean currents.
7. FAU’s all-digital theater complex on the Boca Raton campus includes four 49-seat theaters that are used during the day by students enrolled in the film studies program in FAU’s School of Communication and Multimedia Studies. The Living Room Theaters are open to the public at night and on weekends.
8. FAU has one of the most active record labels at any university, Hoot/Wisdom Recordings, which has released 21 albums to date, all of which were produced by students.
9. Parliament Hall is a 614-bed residence hall featuring unlimited building-wide Wi-Fi access, floor study lounges, a classroom space, a conference room and fitness center, as well as FAU’s first Faculty-in-Residence Program. The facility increases the student resident population on the Boca Raton campus to more than 4,000.
10. FAU’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute is a world-renowned research facility. Its 140 marine scientists, engineers, educators and other professionals work together in pursuit of its mission, expressed as Ocean Science for a Better World. The institute drives innovation in ocean engineering, at-sea operations, drug discovery and biotechnology from the oceans, coastal ecology and conservation, marine mammal research and conservation, aquaculture, ocean observing systems and marine science education.