Choosing the right university is your next big decision, and the reasons to choose FAU are as diverse as our 30,000 students. FAU is:
- A quality institution as ranked by the Carnegie Foundation, the Princeton Review and other outside evaluators;
- Among the most diverse universities in the country, with students from all 50 states and more than 180 countries;
- A university where students can choose among more than 180 degree programs in both traditional and innovative fields;
- A place where students work side-by-side with top-notch faculty on research that will shape the future;
- An institution with a low student-faculty ratio, providing students with the personal attention that is found in many small, private colleges while simultaneously offering them the resources of a major research university.
Located in Boca Raton less than a mile from I-95, Florida Atlantic University is within 20 miles of Fort Lauderdale, 20 miles of West Palm Beach and 45 miles of Miami. The beautiful beaches of the Atlantic Ocean are less than 3 miles from campus, and vibrant city life is just a short drive away. You will discover trendy shops and year-round art and music festivals as well as a host of professional sporting events, including football, baseball, basketball and hockey. The Boca Raton campus is within 30 miles of two airports — Palm Beach International Airport to the north and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport to the south.
Financial Aid is available to FAU degree-seeking students and includes grants, loans, scholarships and employment opportunities. Assistance is awarded in compliance with state, federal and university regulations on the basis of financial need and academic merit. The Student Financial Aid Office provides full service to students from application to award. Additionally, the Financial Aid staff can assist students with questions regarding all aid and scholarship programs. For more information visit, www.fau.edu/finaid.
The Stats (Fall 2015)
Undergraduate Students: 25,209
Areas of Study: More than 180
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 24:1
Average Undergraduate Class Size: Lecture – 39, Lab – 20, Discussion – 30
Entering Freshman Class Mid-Range Test Scores:
ACT Composite: 21–26
SAT Total (all 3 sections): 1480–1710
Entering Freshman Class Mid-Range GPA: 3.52 – 4.24
Tuition and Fees*
(Based on 12 credits per semester for 2 semesters- a total of 24 credits)
|Books & Supplies||$1,240||$1,240|
We welcome you to join us in the sun and visit our campuses. This is the best way to learn about FAU and to see what we have to offer. Boca Raton campus tours and information sessions are offered at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, as well as 10 a.m. on select Saturdays during the fall and spring semesters.
For more information on touring the University’s various campuses, go to www.fau.edu/admissions/visit.php.
Boca Raton Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Ph: 561-297-3040 • firstname.lastname@example.org